Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring Time Trials

Spring is a time to set new goals and milestones to motivate you towards your best self. Maybe that's stepping up your Pilates to have a strong back for a summer of gardening or sweating it out on the spinning cycle to be race-ready by June. Set your sights on your next goal, then set your stopwatches: it's time for time-trials.


Time trials are a little
competition between you and your toughest competitor: yourself. Just as Olympians demonstrate the fruits of their training in a qualifying round before the big race, you can demonstrate to yourself how far your training has brought you and how far you want to go. Perhaps you're working up to a 5K or from 2 Pilates pushups (I mean, elbow bends!) to 10. Step up to the block for a time trial this week and log your results here. Remember, the road to the perfect Teaser starts with a Modified Rollback!



Thanks to Miss Tan and That Edit Girl on Flickr for the great photos.

4 comments:

  1. I just ran a personal best 5K in a race this weekend! It gave me the motivation to train for a 10K which always seemed so out of reach...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, Great class tonight (5/11/10). The Goddesses were in rare form. I really liked the the last exercise against the bench that declared war on the doolaps. Let's do that one more often.

    See you next week.

    BA

    ReplyDelete
  3. With sleeveless shirt weather coming, I hear you, BA! At the end of March, I did mini time trials for my upcoming triathlon. I did a swim (.25 mi) in 7 minutes, a bike (9.5 mi) in 45 minutes, and a run (3.2 mi) in 33 minutes. Since then, my running as improved a bit; however the actual race has a 14 mi bike, so I need to revisit my times. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am much closer to my own "personal best" since I started private classes with Nancy about three months ago. The biggest result is NO MORE LOWER BACK PAIN!!! Really! I have a compressed vertebrae and physical therapy and massage only addressed the symptoms--I never had long-lasting relief until now. There are other benefits, too.
    I'm starting to "go-in" in places and I've gotten compliments from my guy and friends about the changes in my body. Nancy consistently keeps me at the edge of what I'm safely capable of doing so I make consistent progress. She's the best--working with her is a highlight of my week.
    Christine M. Tracy

    ReplyDelete